Dear Space Coast PCA members and friends,
We are experiencing an unprecedented public health emergency with restricted travel and cancellations of major events to eliminate the gathering of large crowds. We are all concerned about Coronavirus/Covid-19 and the potential impact on our families and friends.
Our members’ health and safety is our primary concern and the Region’s leadership is doing its part to help mitigate the spread of the virus. As you are aware, this is a very fluid situation where we continue to monitor, evaluate and adjust our future plans as conditions warrant based on guidance from the CDC, public health authorities and PCA. We are evaluating each of our member events to determine whether we should cancel or postpone. If you have registered for an event that has been canceled, you will receive a full refund.
We will post updates on our website, Facebook page, and through focused email blasts.
We look forward to getting through this challenging time together and enjoying many future events when appropriate to do so.
Here is the list of canceled/postponed events as of March 24:
• All Members Meeting – March 26
• Taycan Launch Party – March 27
• All April Kaffeeklatch’s – Vero, Melbourne and Daytona
• Suncoast Drivers Education at Sebring, April 4 & 5
• Autocross at the AMCM – April 11
• 356 Unlimited Shop Tour and Lunch – April 11
• Wheels & Keels Concours, Vero – April 18
• After-Tax Day Rally, April 19
At this point, we are still hoping to host our Autocross School event April 25th at the American Muscle Car Museum and our Zonefest planned for Memorial Day weekend in May. If this changes, we will issue full refunds to those registered and notify all members.
We want to make sure we support the health and safety of our members. Remember:
• Stay home when you are sick
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue into the trash and wash your hands
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Please refer to the websites of local health agencies, the CDC and the WHO on how to best protect yourselves.
- CDC Health Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
- CDC Travel Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavi…/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergen…/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me or another board member. Use the Contact Us form on our website or contact info found in our Escape Velocity magazine.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to monitor this evolving situation.
Robin Hoffman, President